The Bay Area real estate market is crazy-competitive and tomorrow will be crazier than today, so there’s absolutely no time to waste. Being prepared is your number one asset in a market that lends itself to the opportunist. The difference between a winning offer and a losing offer is in the fine details. Do the work now so you can strike when the irons hot! Use Lisa’s three-step formula to set yourself up for success. Afterall you don’t want to be kicking yourself next year at this time wishing you had taken the steps sooner. Instead, imagine yourself in your new home investing in your future every month that follows because instead of paying someone else’s mortgage you’ll be paying your own. With rent as high as it is, and climbing, the only way to secure your most considerable monthly living expense is to own your home. So what are you waiting for? If you can afford rent in the Bay Area, you can’t afford not to own your home. (A double negative, precisely the point here.)
But Before you start searching for the perfect home, take these three simple steps, and you will be doing a happy dance in your new home before you know it!
1. PRE-APPROVAL, First things first. The pre-approval process is crucial and will set the stage for your home search. A pre-approval makes it so that your loan is only contingent on the appraisal of the home you are interested in purchasing assuming nothing changes in your finances before the loan closes. This gives you a considerable advantage making you as close to a cash buyer as possible. Don’t make the mistake of settling for a pre-qualification when you need a pre-approval. You can learn more about our pre-approval process here.
2. BOX OF DREAMS, The next step is getting super clear on what your expectations for your home are. Don’t be afraid to dream big, but being flexible and willing to compromise on certain aspects is a reality. Knowing exactly what you are willing to compromise on and knowing exactly what you can’t live without will help make your home search successful in the least amount of time. Download our “BOX OF DREAMS” questionnaire to help you get crystal clear and manifest that dream house!
3. BRAG LETTER, In the end, your personal story will be the difference between your offer being chosen over the next guy or not. A brag letter gives you the opportunity to pull at the heartstrings of the homeowner, who will likely have sentimental ties to the home they are selling. They’ve probably spent many years living in, and taking care of the home and would like to pass it on to the “right” new owners. Make your letter compelling, personal, authentic, and relevant. Click here to learn more and download a free template to help get your creative juices flowing.
Two BONUS STEPS:
4. ASK LISA, OK step 4 doesn’t count because this is where you pass the torch. Once you’ve completed steps 1-3, call Lisa so she can evaluate your work and help you start your HOME SEARCH. At this point, she will answer any questions you may have, provide you with expert advice, and come up with creative solutions to any issues that may be coming up. This is Lisa’s specialty. We have seen her work some serious miracles when it comes to creative solutions to home-ownership blocks. She has been in the business for almost 20 years and has seen it ALL so there’s nothing that can stop her when she is determined to find a solution. Just have faith and watch her work her magic!
5. UNITE and CONQUER, instead of divide and conquer UNITE and CONQUER! This is the fun part. This is where that BOX of DREAMS you created becomes a reality, let the HOME SEARCH begin. Lisa will guide you on a fun journey. She does all the heavy lifting so you are not wasting your time looking at homes you could never see yourself in. Lisa’s understanding of your needs and the market give her the advantage when it comes to searching. And when you fall in love with that perfect home, guess what… YOU WILL BE PREPARED because you did your homework before you even started looking and you have Lisa’s expertise to write a winning offer. Lisa is known in the industry for clean, compelling offers. Her offers win over all-cash offers time and time again because of her incredible ability to serve and negotiate. Buyers want to work with Lisa, and that is priceless.
So get to work. If you are “on the fence” about getting started, shoot Lisa a message and tell her what is holding you back. She responds to all her messages personally and will honestly let you know from a realistic and well-experienced viewpoint what your options are. Lisa is in this business to empower as many people as she can to take ownership of their homes and live the dream. She is here to help, so feel free to call/text/ or email her today.
BOX OF DREAMS